Following are the notes from my day service talk. The intent of the message is to convince us to bring all that we are to the calling of world wide evangelism. May you and I grow in being “All In” for the cause of Jesus.
In Times Like These: Bringing Your Whole Self to the Great Assignment
2 Samuel 24:18-25
Jesus gave to us His Great Assignment.
o Go, make disciples of all nations
o Baptizing them
o Teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you
If today were my last day of life, would I be pleased with the degree to which I deployed my heart, mind, strength, talents, skills, and resources for the Great Assignment?
Four common barriers to bringing your whole self to the Great Assignment:
o The extensive demands of the Great Assignment become diluted.
o In pursuit of the Great Assignment I become distracted.
o While pursuing the Great Assignment I become disillusioned.
o Having heard the Great Assignment I am simply disinterested.
The primary text (2 Samuel 24:18-25) was selected because:
o King David didn’t want to bring Araunah’s gift to God. He wanted to bring his own gift.
o King David said, “I insist on paying you for it.” I insist on my whole being, my very best, everything I have be included in this ministry.
I will bring my whole self to the Great Assignment.
o I will bring my whole self to the “preach, hear, believe, call, saved” portion of making disciples. Romans 10:13-15
o I will bring my whole heart to the Great Assignment.
o I will bring my whole mind to the Great Assignment.
o I will bring my whole strength to the Great Assignment.
o I will bring my whole talent and skill set to the Great Assignment.
o I will bring my whole resource base to the Great Assignment.
MCA Church LIFE Groups
1. Please review the MCA Church LIFE Group Covenant.
2. Please review and pray over the MCA Global Outreach Information Sheet.
3. Please pray for each other.
MCA LIFE GROUP COVENANT
OUR BASIC PURPOSE – Life Groups exist to promote spiritual growth and maturity through the development of significant Christian relationships centered on the study of God’s word. (See Hebrews 10:24-25 and Romans 8:29.)
CONNECT – Each week we’ll take time to share what is happening in our
CARE – Each week we will learn how to take care of one another as Christ
commanded (see John 15:9 13). This care will take many forms such
as prayer, listening, meeting needs, encouraging, and even challenging one
another as needed.
GROW – Each week we’ll study a portion of God’s word that relates to the
previous weekend’s sermon. Our goal is to learn how to apply and live out our
Christianity in our day-to-day experiences and relationships.
FIVE MARKS OF A HEALTHY GROUP
1. Focus on spiritual growth as a top priority. (Romans 8:29)
2. Accept one another in love just as Christ has accepted us. (Romans 15:7)
3. Take care of one another in love without crossing over the line into parenting or taking inappropriate responsibility for solving the problems of others. (John 13:34)
4. Treat each other with respect in both speech and action. (Ephesians 4:25 5:2)
5. Keep our commitments to the group – including attendance, homework and keeping confidences. (Psalm 15:1-2, 4b).
1. Dates and Times – This group will meet on nights for weeks at this time ___________.
2. Children – Group members are responsible to arrange childcare for their children.
3. Study – Each week we will study the same topic(s) covered in the previous weekend’s message.
4. Prayer – Our group will be praying each week for one another and specific requests from the teaching pastor.
5. Homework and Attendance – Joining a Life Group requires a commitment to attend each week and to do the home work .
6. Refreshments – Each group will decide how to handle refreshments.
7. Social and Project – Each group will have one social gathering apart from scheduled Life Group and participate in one service project. Our Social event will occur on _____________. Our service project will be
By signing below, I covenant with God and the other members of this group to connect, care, and grow by submitting to the guidelines for a healthy group experience.