Today Pastor Edgardo presented a marvelous message entitled, “The 1,000 Generation Blessing.” His comments are exceptionally helpful in living the blessed life in our local setting.
1. Based upon many verses in the Bible, God’s blessing upon those who love God is forever.
2. Our children will go farther than we have gone in their lives. Deut. 1:11
3. Our children will defeat the enemies that we could not conquer. Deut. 1:44
4. Our children will walk under the outpoured Spirit of God. Isaiah 44:3
Pastor Edgardo is Pastor of the Strong Tower Church in El Salvador. We have applied for an R1 Visa for him to become our Senior Pastor of Hispanic Ministries. Currently, we are awaiting the government processes for approval of the R! Visa application. Please be in prayer for God’s blessing upon our application.
When we are approved for the R1 Visa (The Lord willing), we will begin our Hispanic ministry. Our tentative date for launching is November. This is very important to our strategy of reaching the most people with God’s Good News. For example, official census data suggest that 30,000 hispanic culture folks are living in the Anchorage bowl area. Unofficial comments place the population of Spanish speaking residents at 50,000.
May God be pleased with our vision, mission, strategy, and plan to present the love of Jesus to these dear friends.
The following letter is from our El Salvadoran church planting partners. They are preparing themselves for a week of fasting and prayer for a spiritual breakthrough in Anchorage among the Hispanic population. The MCA Church is planning to join, whole-heartedly, in this ministry of prayer.
Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,
We are so excited and joyous that we are taking this trip to Alaska, to share and help in the ministry, “Burning Ice”.
We are making a calling to unite in fasting and prayer the first week of January, from the 2nd – 7th of January 2012. Let’s dedicate this time of fasting and prayer for this new project. In Alaska, we will gather as a group to fast and pray together as well. The purpose of this fasting and prayer is to ask the Lord to send a GREAT SPIRITUAL REVIVAL. Brian H. Edwards explains in his book. “Revival” the following: “A time revival of the Spirit is a notable increment in the spiritual life of God’s people. This will bring a conscientious need for God’s presence and intense praying and worship. It will also bring a profound conviction of sin, a passion and desire of holiness and the willingness to share the Gospel to non-believers.
Let’s dedicate this fasting and prayer for the following petitions:
1. That every speaker may be used by God with anointing and power.
2. Pray for the burden/vision of our brother Edgardo Montano, his family and for all of those who have join and felt the calling of “Burning Ice”.
3. A great harvest of new souls for Christ.
4. For the Holy Spirit to break chains of oppression and addictions.
5. Pray for the new church/ministry that is about to begin in Alaska.
6. Let’s pray for the Hispanic population, that the Gospel’s seed may fall on good soil.
7. Let’s pray that our God supply all our needs, open the doors of blessings and prosperity for this new ministry.
Brothers and sisters, let’s maintain ourselves united, in spirit and mind so that we can be a blessing and help in everything we can.
See you in Alaska – “Burning Ice”!